Potty training isn't without its share of challenges both for you and your potty training kiddo. Accidents happen which can be discouraging. Here are some ways to stay motivated when helping your kid make the transition from diapers to big kid underwear.
Read motivational quotes when the going gets tough:
- Still, like air, I rise- Maya Angelou
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.- Confucius
- Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. - W. Clement Stone
- Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.- Sam Levenson
- There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.- Michael Phelps
Stress tends to reduce motivation since consistent stress can be exhausting over time. Here are some ways to increase your energy levels and stay focused:
- Go for a walk- It may sound counter-intuitive but going for a walk is a great way to increase energy levels. The fresh air helps improve feelings of optimism.
- Count to ten- Your mom probably did this when you were out of control. Instead of counting out loud in frustration, count to ten silently when you're irritated with a recent potty training accident. It'll help you take time to assess the situation.
- Gratitude- When you're having a difficult time teaching your child how to recognize when to use the potty, take time to be grateful. Look at what's around you at the moment and express gratitude verbally. Expressing thanks helps you increase your self-esteem, makes you more resilient, kinder and more optimistic.
How do you stay motivated when potty training your child? Share with us in the comments below!
As seen on ABC's Shark Tank, the IllumiBowl is a motion-activated toilet night light popular among potty training families and senior citizens. The IllumiBowl makes your toilet glow in order to make late night trips to the bathroom safe and easy. It's powered by three AAA batteries and attaches easily to any toilet seat. This popular product is toilet technology at its best. Who doesn't love a glowing toilet?