One problem people of any age deal with is constipation. Constipation is especially no fun for your potty training kiddo. Making the transition from diapers to regular underwear is difficult so we're to make it easy. Here are five high-fiber foods your potty training kiddo will love:
1. Whole-grain breads: This particular type of bread contains many nutrients such as B vitamins, iron and magnesium. Whole-grain breads are a great way for your kid to start his/her day with breakfast choices such as toast. The high-fiber content of whole-grain breads will assist your potty training child with daily bowel movements.
2. Green peas: Green peas are a great way for your child to receive his/her daily serving of fiber. A half cup of peas contains 4.4 grams of fiber. It'll help your potty training child stay full longer while experiencing the other benefits of green peas such as protein and multiple vitamins.
3. Oranges: Arguably the most popular citrus, oranges are high an fiber as well as many vitamins. Oranges can be served sliced or peeled. It's often served cold and is popular among athletes since it helps athletes stay hydrated. Oranges are a go-to source for fiber and may be helpful for anyone suffering from diarrhea.
4. Apples: Like oranges, apples are high in water content as well as fiber. Apples can be sliced so your child will have an easier time enjoying the popular delicious fruit. There are many benefits to eating apples such as reducing tooth decay and the risk of diabetes.
5. Cooked beans: Whether it's kidney beans, pinto or lima beans, cooked beans are great sources of fiber. Cooked beans can be eaten in many different ways such as in tacos or paired with seasoned rice. Beans are an affordable source of protein, low in fat and highly satisfying.
As seen on ABC's Shark Tank, the IllumiBowl is a motion-activated toilet night light popular among potty training families and senior citizens. The IllumiBowl makes your toilet glow in order to make late night trips to the bathroom safe and easy. It's powered by three AAA batteries and attaches easily to any toilet seat. This popular product is toilet technology at its best. Who doesn't love a glowing toilet?